Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My Nike Commercial


At least that's what I pretend every time I run the trial Burke Lake, which I try to do twice a week. I pump up my ipod and hit it! Tuesday's inspiring song was "Live Your Life" by T.I. featuring Rihanna. Think I listened to that song like 4 times in a row and every time the song went "Just live your life HEY ehe ehe ehe" I would raise my left arm and pump it in the air. Even let out a HEY or a HO....loudly!!! I could care less what the heck other walkers/runners think. I enjoy my time on the trail. I try to go with the flow of the trial. Glide down the slopes...push it up the inclines. Ebb and flows...ups and downs. In the moment, I am a Nike Commercial. Just do it....Just live your life. Love it.

Thursday's run was a different story. I just kept telling myself, JUST KEEP MOVING! My body felt so blah. That's how is goes sometimes. It's a these times you have to mentally challenge yourself. Thank god for music. I am so inspired by music. So much so sometimes that I run in tempo with whatever song is playing. This weekend Jen and I are running in a 5K that benefits Trevor's pre-school. Running in an event is a totally different experience as well. Should be fun!

Busy weekend ahead. Mark returns, the Run, Birthday Party, Church-Round 2, Swim Lessons, and hopefully some good football!

Just Live Your Life!