Thursday, August 25, 2011

Back to School

Back to School Party in our Neighborhood!

Woo-Hoo!

Slip Sliding Away

Go Trevor!

On our way to school...a little unsure

"Ready for school, Trev?

CHEESE!!!!!
So far, our first week of school has been GREAT! I am so happy to report that Darren is reading!!! Over the past two days he was introduced to 5 sight words and has been working on a short story using those words.  The story "My Home". It brought tears to my eyes as I watched him read. Mark and I were SO excited!!! What a positive step in the right direction. He has had two wonderful days at school. (Tuesday, he tried some old tricks, but it seems as though the plan in place is working:) Sorry for all the updates, but this was a big one.

Secondly, Mark has been offered a Manager position at Ruby Tuesday. He is VERY excited about this new opportunity and will start next week. Mark has spent some great time with the boys as I continue to enjoy my new job at Saks. Our schedules will be crazy, but it can't be any worse than living in two states! Things seems to be falling into place and we are thankful for all the love and support that we have received.