Monday, August 22, 2011

Great News!

Day 1 was a major success! Trevor was dropped off first and led to his new classroom by a helpful student. He was picked up by Mark and was happy to report that he had a great day, met lots of new friends, and likes his teacher a lot. He also asked to go to school a little earlier tomorrow! Ha!

Darren was next. He had a little anxiety in the car as we waited for the gates to open but was able to pull himself together and walk with his new teacher into his school. I admit, I cried in worry on and off for the next hour. Hopeful that all would go well, but nervous that he would test the limits of his new teachers. So as I picked him up, I was unsure as to what to expect. I saw his teacher soon upon arriving and the expression on her face surprised me. She said that he tested them from about 8 to 10:30. He did so by attempting to put his feet on the desk. They were persistent with him..which Darren doesn't like:) so he tried to swat at them a bit and tried to bite once and then she said, "that was it!" The rest of day he did great. I looked at her and said "seriously?" and she reiterated that he really had a good day. He has been very happy this afternoon and when asked if he liked school..he answers "yes!"

I don't know what to attribute it to honestly. All I know is that we'll take it. One day at a time...and day 1 was a success!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry