Thursday, March 10, 2011

April 2 World Autism Day

I have decided to take these next couple of weeks to do my part in educating others about Autism. Then, by April 2nd, you will be well informed and able to share this awareness with others when they ask "Why are you wearing blue today?".

I found these interesting facts on the Autism Awareness Website:
  • Approximately 67 million people worldwide are affected by autism
  • Autism is the fastest-growing serious developmental disability in the world
  • More children will be diagnosed with autism this year than with diabetes, cancer, and AIDS combined
  • Boys are four times more likely than girls to have autism
  • There is no medical detection or cure for autism, but early diagnosis and intervention improve outcomes
So those are some of the basics. I have some other thoughts about information I would like to share, but if you have any questions about autism that you would like to ask please email me your question and I will post my response on the blog! It can be about Autism in general or about Darren specifically. Thanks!