Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Olympics

There is just something so inspiring about watching the Olympics. This year even Bob Costas isn't annoying me. I was watching a swimming event while running on the tread mill yesterday and I'm the dork who runs faster....like that's going to help the swimmer win the race!!! hahaha. I love watching people compete. I love watching their demeanor. I knew Michael Phelps wasn't happy about something when he finished the butterfly yesterday...didn't know why. Turns out his goggles were leaking during the race. I watched the gymnast that really hurt the USA's chance at gold, falter twice...I think she was just trying to hard. SEE I really watch the Olympics. Like I said, I'm a sports kinda girl. I also find all the different sports fascinating. I get teary when athletes acheive their dreams...and teary when the fall short. Such is life. Life is about hard work...dreams can be acheived...yet you can't win 'em all.
Darren's new favorite word is POOL which accompanied by the cutest pointer finger ever as he points to the Olympic pool on TV. I love that pointer finger. He has just started pointing at things in the last 2 months or so. That finger makes me smile, cause he uses it with such determination and will. His vocalizations are really coming along well. His little voice when he comes in our bedroom to get me, a whispered, "ma-ma" just about melts my heart.
Trevor is my social butterfly. He loves having his friends over the house these days and he hates when the leave. Such strong connections to others. I think he is enjoying the Young Athletes Camps...although he's not quite sure if the camps are for him or for Darren. He originally called it Darren's camp...maybe because he had already been to soccer and tae kwon do camp. But I think that he is getting the picture that its really for both of them. People ask me, " What do you think Trevor thinks about Darren?" At this point, I think that Trevor just thinks of Darren as his brother. "He doesn't talk yet, but he's trying, we're teaching him...right ma-ma (no mommia these days by the way) Or "he's trying hard to talk today" then he'll tell to Darren repeat him...Darren continually repeats Trevor faster than anyone...even me. He clearly hears Trevor's voice above the rest. And as they held hands today while walking to the car, I felt thankful once again that they have each other. They are my little olympians!