Tuesday, March 25, 2008

T-Bucket

Who does this to their child?



My sweet, sweet boy

Trevor....Oh Trevor. My sweet and sensitive child. His soul is kind, his determination strong. Trevor is such a little Italian boy. I sometimes say that I should have named him Carmine, or Anthony cause the kid loves pasta, makes everyone feel welcomed, and is stubborn as a mule. My grandma Rose would have loved this child. Truth is, most everyone loves this boy. There's just something about him that is special. Trevor is a feeler. He can walk into a room and sense the mood...and adjusts to it. I think he can really tell between the kids that like him and the kids who think he's too small to play ball...little do those kids know how darn good he is!!! But he adjusts. We all know the benefits that Darren is reaping because of his wonderful brother. Trevor is so patient and kind, and most importantly...accepting of his brother. He knows Darren is different in some way, but he loves him with all of his heart and soul. When TREVOR says something to Darren, Darren listens and will follow him, pee with him:), or repeat him. It's a wonderful thing to see. I also think that Trevor has benefited from Darren as well. Trevor has learned at a very early age the ability to pick up on non-verbal cues, body language, and underlying emotion. The "Autism Whisperer" of sorts. These are things that are almost impossible to teach...but he's had to adjust...and he makes it work...and because of that...he makes miracles happen. Maybe that sounds over the top. But I see it all the time.

AND Trevor loves his Daddy. They have wonderful bond and understanding of one another. I imagine that Mark was a lot like Trevor when he was young. I think that because of this, Mark is more protective of Trevor. I am probably more protective of Darren. Balance. It's what makes it all work I guess. I am already in awe of Trevor. He has more personality, and talent, and IT than I could ever imagine in a 4 year old. Proud doesn't even cut it. I can't wait to watch his life unfold....many more great things to come !!!!