Monday, April 29, 2013

Autism Awareness

As Autism Awareness Month comes to a end, I want to take the time, once again, to share what I have learned about Autism, about Darren, and about myself.

Dear Darren,
   I Admire you.
     I Understand you more today than I did yesterday.
       I Try my best to trust and let you lead the way.
            I love you, I believe in you, I am so proud of you.
              Sometimes it's not easy but...
                Miracles are in the making.

Autism has made me more aware. Aware of the important things in life: a greater purpose, a deeper love, a stronger bond, a constant self awakening, and an appreciation of the simple things. Yes, maybe Autism has defined us, yet there are so many undefined people in this world searching for purpose. Yes, we are aware of Autism but I ask, "Is Autism aware of us?" because we are not backing down. Instead, we are living out loud. 

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
Thanks to everyone who has supported, taught, and helped Darren. We are extremely grateful and truly want you to know that you have made a difference in his life. 

Thanks to RLC for providing a community in which I can be Darren's mom, a Teacher, and myself all under one roof. What a blessing.

I am confident that the future is brighter than ever. Shine on, Darren