Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Our Adventure...Through Trevor's Eyes

Today Trevor had to write about why we moved to Florida. We had a great conversation about our Journey. It was wonderful to hear it from his perspective.  He has traveled so far developmentally because of Darren. I think he sensitive to others and very kind hearted. When I asked Trevor what it was like to have an Autistic brother, he answered, "It can be difficult." I agreed, it can be difficult. But whether he truly understands the impact that it has already had on him...I am not quite sure. Trevor is a pretty great kid. He tries so darn hard at school. He was DEVASTATED when he got one wrong on his spelling pre-test at school last week. It was a pre-test...and it was only one wrong. I was thrilled!!!! He was not at all satisfied. We all know he does NOT take after me in this category. Sad, but true. Trevor is very in tune with the emotions surrounding him. He, like I, has had to train himself to prepare for the worst because with Darren you just never know sometimes. When I ask Trevor who is best friend is at school he answers, "Everyone". That goes back to our motto...If you can deal with Darren, you can deal with anyone. We are so proud of you Trevor!